as one of the nation’s largest and cleanest power producers, Calpine is committed to environmental responsibility, both for the company and our suppliers. Calpine purchases a broad range of products and services to keep our plants running efficiently and cleanly.
safety and integrity at calpine
Calpine's commitment to safety and integrity – two of our core values – includes holding our suppliers to the same high standards we apply to our own operations.
- we make purchasing decisions based on many factors, including a supplier’s previous safety records. we also actively monitor our suppliers’ behavior at all of our locations to ensure that they maintain Calpine safety standards.
- the integrity of our suppliers is also of great importance to Calpine. for more details, please review our supplier code of conduct.
supplier code of conduct
calpine’s purchasing methodology
Calpine has a center-led purchasing practice. this means that purchasing decisions are made at the business-unit level based on research and guidance provided by a corporate supply chain department. Calpine's supply chain department identifies and qualifies suppliers across various purchasing categories to best fulfill the needs of plants and offices nationally and regionally.
IMPROVING THE Calpine SUPPLIER EXPERIENCE
We are excited to announce that on October 18, 2023, Calpine will be implementing Coupa, a cloud-based purchasing and payment system that streamlines our shared workflow – all free of cost for you as a supplier. Registration with Coupa will be a requirement for all suppliers to transact with Calpine beginning in October 2023.
BENEFITS FOR YOU
- A centralized location for doing business with Calpine.
- Ability to view orders, receive purchase orders and submit invoices.
- Convenient anytime visibility into the status of your orders, invoices and payments.
- Online catalogs to increase visibility of your goods and services for Calpine to purchase.
- Easy access to Calpine sourcing events.
- A messaging center to communicate with your Calpine partners.
- Faster payment of your invoices.
TRAINING AND RESOURCES
- All suppliers will be invited to a one-hour Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP) training session during the week of October 2-5. During the training, we will demonstrate how to view orders and invoices in real time via the CSP. You will meet Calpine Coupa team members and participate in a Q&A session. Training invites will be sent September 18-21. If you do not receive an invitation, please reach out to your Calpine account representative to attend training.
- Please refer to Calpine's Supplier Onboarding Guide for a step-by-step guide on how to get onboarded to the CSP.
- Calpine has a dedicated supplier enablement team to assist you. If you still have questions, please reach out to suppliersupport@Calpine.com.
- Additional Coupa resources:
Beginning October 18, all new Calpine purchase orders will be sent electronically to you through the CSP. Suppliers will send all related invoices to Calpine corporation though the CSP, supplier actionable notifications (SAN) and cXML. These are the most efficient methods to submit your invoices, allowing Calpine to expedite payment in accordance with our contract terms.
- CSP: Create invoices directly from your purchase orders in the CSP with the click of a button, allowing you to manage all your invoices and POs and view your payment status. This is the easiest and most efficient method for suppliers seeking payment.
- SAN: Create an invoice from a PO email, as well as the ‘create invoice’ webpage. You cannot see your payment status via san and will need to log into CSP to view your invoices and POs.
- cXML: Suppliers who receive high volumes of purchase orders from Calpine will send cXML invoices directly to Coupa. Calpine has already identified and connected with these impacted suppliers.
- If you are not able to submit an invoice through any of the above options, please notify Calpine via suppliersupport@Calpine.com .
IMPORTANT DATES AND REMINDERS
- Enroll in the CSP by October 1.
- Attend Coupa training from October 2-5.
- Begin using Coupa on October 18.
SUPPLIER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Are all Suppliers required to register in Coupa to transact with Calpine?
Yes. Registration with Coupa will be a requirement for all suppliers to transact with Calpine beginning in October 2023.
2. How do I enroll in Coupa?
You should have received an invitation from Coupa to join the CSP. If you have not, please reach out to suppliersupport@Calpine.com . You will need to enroll in the CSP by October 1 to transact with Calpine in the future.
3. Will Calpine provide supplier training to use Coupa?
Yes, Calpine will host multiple training events from October 2-5. Webinars will also be recorded and posted on the Calpine website for future reference.
4. Where do I go for more information about Coupa?
You can contact suppliersupport@Calpine.com for more information about Coupa.
5. When does Coupa go live?
Coupa will go live on October 18. All supplier transactions will be executed in Coupa starting on October 18.
6. What does it cost to join Coupa?
Coupa is free of charge for suppliers.
7. Why should I join Coupa?
There are many reasons to enroll in Coupa. First, your company will retain the ability to do business with Calpine going forward. Your invoices will be paid faster and POs will be automatically generated. Your company will also have the ability to generate invoices, view payment status and maintain your supplier information via Supplier Information Management (SIM).
8. How should I do business with Calpine before go-live?
You should continue to do business with Calpine as usual until October 18.
9. What if I am already a registered Coupa supplier?
If you are already registered, you can join on your existing CSP account. If you have questions about this, please contact suppliersupport@Calpine.com and our Supplier Enablement team will help you get connected with Calpine.