Calpine has been made aware that fake job openings have been posted on websites with links on social media, and job seekers have received emails purporting to be from Calpine. In many cases, applicants have been asked to “interview” for jobs via online chat forums.
Be assured that Calpine follows recruitment and hiring best practices and does not make job offers without first interviewing applicants in person. We only accept online applications and post open positions through this portal.
We do not:
- Request personal identification information such as bank account or Social Security numbers over the internet.
- Conduct job interviews via Google Chat or other online forums.
- Recruit from WeWorkRemotely.com and similar sites touting predominantly at-home work opportunities.
- Ask job applicants for money transfers or payments of any kind.
- Email offer letters without meeting with you in person and providing you an opportunity to meet other team members and see our facilities.
Warning signs of possible recruitment fraud can include:
- You receive a message with a link to a purported Calpine job opportunity that does not include “ultipro.com” in the URL, or a link for more information about Calpine that does not include “calpine.com” in the URL.
- You receive an email about a Calpine job opportunity or offer that does not come from the “calpine.com” domain. Calpine will not send emails from personal Gmail accounts or other domains.
If you see a job posting for Calpine that you suspect to be fraudulent, or if you receive a suspicious email or message about a position with the company, please contact Calpine immediately. Click here for more information on how to recognize, avoid and report job scams.