Get your career off to a strong start at Calpine, the nation’s premier competitive power company. Through our rotational development program, we identify promising new graduates and give them the opportunity to learn from industry professionals.
Calpine’s rotational development program consists of three rotations of approximately eight months each (for a total of two years). Rotation assignments span a variety of wholesale and retail departments, including commercial analytics, risk management, trading, corporate development and origination.
Participants are expected to make material contributions to the company by analyzing problems, building models and participating directly in discussions with significant impact on Calpine’s financial performance. Rotation analysts and associates also gain access to a variety of training opportunities, including monthly luncheons with senior members of the Calpine team.
- Forecasting financials using simulation tools that reflect plant operations and volatile commodity market prices
- Analyzing and predicting gas and power market dynamics
- Tracking and analyzing positions and risk metrics
- Negotiating and executing commercial agreements supporting potential new project development
- Real-time trading support and execution
- Analyzing the impact of environmental and industry regulation
- Undergraduate and/or advanced degrees in quantitative fields such as business, math, science, engineering, economics, finance or accounting
- Analytical mindset, including experience with tools such as Excel, programming languages and/or statistical software
- Effective verbal and written communication. Familiarity with PowerPoint is a plus.
- Most importantly: curious, passionate and highly motivated. Able to work autonomously and contribute to the success of the team.